You are here
Affidavit (Holofnama)/Statutory Declaration
For attestation of Affidavit (Holofnama)/Statutory Declaration or similar documents, the applicant will have to appear in this Mission in person. Please note that the High Commission does not attest content of the document, instead it attests the signature of the signatory. Hence the signatory has to come to the High Commission in person and sign on the document before the Consular Officer.
Personal appearance before the Consular Officer of the High Commission is not obligatory if the document is attested by Department/Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of the respective government of Australia/New Zealand/Fiji or by the Honorary Consul General / Consul of Bangladesh. (Applicants are requested to check with their DFAT/MFAT regarding their procedures for getting documents attested).
Documents to be submitted:
- An application addressed to the Consular officer, Bangladesh High Commission, Canberra mentioning the purpose of service with applicant's contact details.
- The original Affidavit (Holofnama)/Statutory Declaration and a set of photocopies.
- Two copies of recent passport size photographs applicant
- Applicant's Bangladesh passport (valid)/ National ID/ Birth Registration Certificate and for foreigners his/her passport of Australia/New Zealand/ Fiji/Solomon Island/Vanuatu
- Proof of payment.
- In case of sending the documents by mail after having it attested by the relevant authorities in Australia/New Zealand/ Fiji, please send a self-addressed pre-paid registered return envelope (requiring signature on delivery) or arrange pre-paid return courier. (Please see more on Modes of Delivery)
Fee for this service will depend on the size of the document. For each set of document, fee for the first page is A$ 11.00. For each subsequent page, the fee is @ A$ 6.00 per page.
Modes of Payment: (Click here)
- The High Commission is not responsible for documents lost or delayed in mail / Courier.
- For applications in person- please appear at the High Commission between 9.30 am to 12.30 pm on working days. No application in person would be received beyond this time except in case of emergency.