You are here
The Birth Registration Server hosted at the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development, Dhaka is temporarily unavailable due to technical upgradation (automation) . The High Commission is, therefore, unable to issue Birth Registration Certificates at this moment.
According to the Births and Deaths Registration Act of 2004 (Click Here), birth of any person has to be registered. The father or mother or guardian or the prescribed persons shall be liable to provide information related to birth of a child to the Registrar (Bangladesh Missions abroad if born outside Bangladesh) within 45 (forty-five) days of the child’s birth.
The birth certificate issued under this Act is one of the primary evidences of age of a person to any office or court or school-college, government and non-government organisation including the following:
- Issuance of passport;
- National Identity Card
- Registration of marriage;
- Admission into educational institutions;
- Appointment in government or non-government organisation;
- Issuance of driving license;
- Preparation of voter list;
- Land registration and
- Other cases as prescribed by rule.
How to apply:
- Apply online at the link http://bris.lgd.gov.bd/pub/ and get a print of the application.
- Make the payment (Please see the “Modes of Payment”)
- Send the following documents to the High Commission:
- Printed copy of the online application;
- Documents certifying name, date of birth, parents’ name, permanent address (certified copy of birth certificate/passport/NID)
- One copy passport size photograph;
- For children born outside Bangladesh, certified copy of birth certificate has to be accompanied by certified copy of either parents’ Bangladesh passport (valid or expired)
- Proof of payment;
- In case of sending the documents by mail, please send a self-addressed pre-paid registered return envelope (requiring signature on delivery) or arrange pre-paid return courier. (Please see more on Modes of Delivery).
15 days after fulfilling all the requirements
- Within 45 days of birth: Free of charge
- After 45 days of birth: A$ 2.00
Modes of Payment: (Click here)
- the High Commission receives application by mail or directly at the High Commission in person. It does not process any application sent by email.
- The High Commission is not responsible for documents lost or delayed in mail / Courier.
- For applications in person- please appear at the High Commission between 9.30 am to 12.30 pm on working days. No application in person would be received beyond this time except in case of emergency.