You are here
Endorsement for No Visa Required (NVR)
The Bangladesh High Commission in Canberra endorses "No Visa Required for Travel to Bangladesh" (NVR) to Bangladesh-origin citizens of Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada and countries in Europe on their foreign passports. Their spouses and children (not grand-children) are also eligible for endorsement. The endorsement allows the holder to enter into Bangladesh as long as the passport remains valid.
How to apply for NVR
1. Apply online at the following link:
2. Make the payment. (Please see “Modes of Payment”).
3. Please submit the following documents at the High Commission:
i) Original passport with minimum six (06) months validity.
ii) Printed copy of the electronically submitted visa application form.
iii) Proof of Bangladesh nationality:
a) For fresh applicant- certified copy of Bangladesh passport/national identity card/birth certificate;
b) For children born outside Bangladesh- original and a copy of birth certificate along with certified copy of Bangladesh passport (valid or expired) or national identity card of father/mother;
c) For foreigner spouse- original and a certified copy of marriage certificate and certified copy of passport (valid or expired) or national identity card of the spouse;
d) For those who had NVR endorsement on their previous passport- copy of the old passport with the NVR endorsement page.
iv) Proof of payment.
v) Two recent photos.
vi) In case of sending the documents by mail, please send a self-addressed pre-paid registered return envelope (requiring signature on delivery) or arrange pre-paid return courier. (Please see more on Mode of Delivery)
Modes of Payment: (Click here)
At least five (05) working days.
Issuance of NVR may be delayed if reference has to be made to Bangladesh for clearance.
- The Consular Officer may ask for an interview of the applicant and / or submission of additional information or documents.
- Basic Information (name, date of birth, place of birth) of an individual must be exactly the same in different documents (e.g. Bangladesh Passport and Australian/New Zealand Passport)
- The High Commission is not responsible for documents lost or delayed in mail / Courier.
- For applications in person- please appear at the High Commission between 9.30 am to 12.30 pm on the working days. No application in person would be received beyond this time except in case of emergency.
- NVR endorsement in stickers are issued only at the High Commission in Canberra, not in mobile consular camps.